Health and Safety Training
Health & Safety Certification and Awareness Training Courses
Apart from the effective presentation of most typical 'certified' health and safety training courses, our professional trainers are capable of developing programs to overcome a series of in-house, company-specific hazards related to an engineered mechanical or assembly process, then training into bottom-up compliance.
Inspections, Health & Safety Supervision, Core Staffing
We are often employed by clients who rely on us to provide a fresh set of eyes at the workplace. Our job, simply put, is to ensure compliance with regulations governing a given industry. A typical example would be the inspection services we provide to construction companies with crews deployed far from their home base. In all cases, inspections are thorough and the reports produced are supported through appropriate references to legislation, visual documentation where required, and finally, suggested solutions to any perceived shortcomings at the request of our employer.
- Accident Investigation
- Certified Health and Safety Representative, Levels 1 & 2
- Chainsaw Safety
- Confined Space Awareness
- Confined Space - 1 day, Awareness plus Permit Development
- Confined Space - 2 day
- Excavation, Trenching Awareness
- Fire Extinguisher Training
- First Aid - Standard, 2 day course (includes a 'First Aid for Supervisors' module)
- First Aid - Emergency Level, 1 day course
- First Aid - Refresher training
- Forklift Operator - 2 day, Full Certification Training
- Forklift Operator - 1 day refresher (Recertification)
- Lockout & Tag
- Hazard Identification, Recognition & Control (Inspections)
- Occupational Health and Safety Act for Workers and Supervisors
- Power Elevated Work Platforms (EWP)
- Propane: Working safely with propane for Salamander, Torches and Construction Heaters (< 400,000 BTU.)
- Propane: Working safely with propane kettles, tankers and torches (roofing)
- Propane: filling propane cylinders & motor vehicle tanks
- Propane Safety Awareness
- Propane cylinder handling for industrial equipment (forklift, scissor lifts, Zamboni and other propane powered equipment)
- Respiratory Protection: Use & Maintenance
- Scaffold Safety Training - User Hazard Awareness
- Scaffolding Safety -Competent Person
- Traffic Protection and Control Planning (MTO-Book 7)
- Transportation of Dangerous Goods (TDG)
From Health and Safety training to certification, TSSA compliance, and hands-on skill development programs, CLPI leverages strong industry ties to help customers create high performance, safe, and efficient work environments. CLPI customizes content to ensure relevance and applicability to individual client organizations.
St. Lawrence College is an authorized training provider for the Technical Standards and Safety Authority (TSSA).
Industrial Maintenance Gas Technician (IMT)
Our instructors conduct an on-site equipment and training needs assessment and subsequently provide a written report that determines the number of training modules and duration of each that is required. The IMT is site-specific training mandated by TSSA.
Suitable for: Organizations with gas-fired appliances.
Building Environmental Systems
This practical operations program, delivered in seven modules equips students with the ability to operate buildings of any size efficiently and economically by developing a full range of practical knowledge reinforced by workplace competencies. Students are exposed to all elements of today’s modern building systems and environments.
Suitable for: School boards, hospitals, malls, institutions – organizations with large or multiple buildings.
Chemical Process Operator
This program has been designed specifically for new employees hired to work as Chemical Plant Operators. The curriculum follows the Schedule of Training for the Apprenticeship Trade of Process Operator: Refinery, Chemical & Liquid Process – 246F. It is broken into five segments, each being 60 hours in duration plus additional time for some self-study and tests.
Suitable for: Chemical and refinery plants and their employees.
Manufacturing Leadership Certificate Program
The Manufacturing Leadership Certificate Program is a joint venture between Ontario’s Colleges and the Alliance of Manufacturers and Exporters of Canada. The program has been developed to supply the skills required by supervisors in industry today and delivered in five distinct 30 hour modules.
Suitable for: Manufacturing companies wishing to update and refresh the skills of their managers and supervisors.
Power Engineering Techniques – 4th class
This program introduces students to all aspects of power plant operation and maintenance, both theoretical and practical, at the 4th Class level. Subjects of instruction closely follow the Standardized Power Engineers Examination Committee (SOPEEC) syllabus and are helped to complete the Technical Standards and Safety Authority (TSSA) examinations required for 4th Class certification as an Operating Engineer. Theoretical concepts discussed in the classroom are further explained and illustrated through the use of our Power plant simulator and Lab exercises in the colleges Training Facility (Brockville).
Small Engine Repair
This 60 hour hands-on practical course introduces the student to two and four stroke engine operation. The material is delivered in a lab format with ample time allotted for practical work. The practical segment includes disassembling, inspecting, repairing and tuning small engines that are common to lawnmowers and lawn tractors, tillers, snowmobiles, snow blowers, motorcycles, chainsaws and weed trimmers.
Suitable for: People who are responsible for maintaining small engines for their business or employer. Offered as a public program or customized for teams.
For more information on Health & Safety Training Contact:
613-345-0660 x 3176