Health and Safety Training
Health & Safety Certification and Awareness Training Courses
Apart from the effective presentation of most typical 'certified' heath and saftey training courses, our professional trainers are capable of developing programs to overcome a series of in-house, company-specific hazards related to an engineered mechanical or assembly process, then training into bottom-up compliance.
Inspections, Health & Safety Supervision, Core Staffing
We are often employed by clients who rely on us to provide a fresh set of eyes at the workplace. Our job, simply put, is to ensure compliance with regulations governing a given industry. A typical example would be the inspection services we provide to construction companies with crews deployed far from their home base. In all cases, inspections are thorough and the reports produced are supported through appropriate references to legislation, visual documentation where required, and finally, suggested solutions to any perceived shortcomings at the request of our employer.
This service can be expanded to provide site-safety supervision as well as core personnel for confined space operations, including attendants and rescue teams.
Our personnel also work with companies to help them meet their health and safety goals. This can mean anything from evaluating an existing health and safety program and providing written materials and/or specialized instruction for discovered gaps, to full-scale development and installation of a complete health and safety environment from the ground floor up.
Our clients often request air quality assessments. Biological or Chemical agents can be found in many workplace environments, along with noise levels that may be harmful. To ensure the safety of those working in environments where control measures may be required, we deliver these services to our clients where needed.
- Accident Investigation
- Audits (Workwell Evaluations)
- Blood-Borne Pathogen Awareness
- Bobcat/Skid Steer
- Certified Health and Safety Representative, Levels 1 & 2
- Chainsaw Safety
- Confined Space Awareness
- Confined Space - 1 day, Awareness plus Permit Development
- Confined Space - 2 day
- Excavation,Trenching Awareness
- Fall Arrest, Equipment, Inspection and Care
- Fall Protection & Rescue Planning
- Fall Protection - 'Basics of Fall Protection'
- Fire Extinguisher Training
- First Aid - Standard, 2 day course (includes a 'First Aid for Supervisors' module)
- First Aid - Emergency Level, 1 day course
- First Aid - Refresher training
- Food Safety: Canadian Food Safety Certification: TRAINCAN : Basic & Advanced, NEHA: Certified Professional Food Manager
- Forklift Operator - 2 day, Full Certification Training
- Forklift Operator - 1 day refresher (Recertification)
- Forklift Operator Rough Terrain, Extended Reach Forklift
- Lockout & Tag
- Hazard Identification, Recognition & Control (Inspections)
- Occupational Health and Safety Act (Ontario)
- Power Elevated Work Platforms (EWP)
- Propane: Working safely with propane for Salamander, Torches and Construction Heaters (< 400,000 BTU.)
- Propane: Working safely with propane kettles, tankers and torches (roofing)
- Propane: filling propane cylinders & motor vehicle tanks
- Propane Safety Awareness
- Propane cylinder handling for industrial equipment (forklift, scissor lifts, Zamboni and other propane powered equipment)
- Respiratory Protection: Use & Maintenance
- Scaffold Safety Training - User Hazard Awareness
- Scaffolding Safety -Competent Person
- Suspended Access, Users Hazard Awareness (Swing Stage) - 1 day
- Suspended Access Equipment - 2 day
- Traffic Protection and Control Planning (MTO-Book 7)
- Traffic Control and Backing Vehicles
- Traffic Control Person
- Transportation of Dangerous Goods (TDG)
- WHMIS Refresher
Distributed Generation - A Safety Course for Utility Linespersons
This four hour customized course is offered in partnership with Utilities Kingston. The primary goal of the course is to introduce utility linespersons to the technology of grid connected renewable energy systems and to help them understand any safety issues and new work procedures that may be required by en employer.
Suitable for utilities company employees including: linespersons, metering staff and engineering staff.
Contact us to discuss these programs and the benefit they will bring your team and your organization. Our Manager of Community Outreach can provide you references for a first hand account of our quality programs.